Skip to main content

Early to rise

Woke up at 5:00 am. It's okay. I needed some quiet this morning. Feel like I've been running this week with no time to just be.

So this morning, I've had my coffee. Written my morning pages. Let the dog out. And it's quiet.

Good.

Not sure why I feel so disjointed this week. There hasn't been any more going on than usual. But I just haven't had time.

*****
One of my 'resolutions' this year was to choose a daily project and accomplish it... things like organizing a drawer or deep cleaning a kids' room or cleaning the baseboards or such... and I've done it, for the most part. Got my new dishes moved into the cupboards and organized them. Cleaned out the junk drawer with some beautiful new bamboo drawer dividers. But boy, do I ever have a lot more to do.

One day at a time, though.
One project at a time.
Next big project - the closet. Too many clothes in there. I can't possibly pack for CHA until I've weeded things out.

*****
I've lost my creative mojo lately - and so have been struggling with work assignments. I write class descriptions months before I teach the classes, and usually, long before I have any idea what product I'll use on any given project. It can be difficult. Lately, it's been torturous.

I haven't liked much of anything I've created. And so I'm not particularly inspired to get in my studio and create more. And so I'm dragging my heels. And so work is hanging over my head.

I've been here before.
It'll be okay.
But it's never a fun place to be.

*****
My new shelves go up tomorrow. I asked Asia to get help with them, since they're going into plaster walls and I just know he wouldn't really know what to do. (Handy, he's not.) So I'm making dinner for our friend Jeremiah and his wife and little baby boy - and then Jeremiah will help Asia hang the shelves. And I can get some crap off my desk and up on the shelves. That will be SO good. Can't wait.

*****
I can hear the neighbors outside shoveling snow. It snowed most of yesterday - teeny tiny little flakes that eventually built up to about three or four inches of snow. And there's supposed to be more today. I love that scritch-fling sound of shoveling. I decided to skip the club today and take the dog outside with me after the kids go to school and shovel. I'll shovel the walk and the driveway and the deck. That'll be my workout today. And I'll be outside. In the snow. Gotta love that.

*****
Got some new candles this week. PartyLite. Went to a friend's party a couple of weeks ago. Love the candles, but boy, are they expensive. Fifty-five dollars and all I got was a tiny bag with two smallish jar candles and a dozen votives. Yikes! I love candles so much. Just wish good ones weren't quite so expensive.

*****
Have a great weekend, friends. Cheers!

Comments

  1. Hello friend.

    Excited for your new little guy and would love to get an email with more details when you feel you have time.

    Totally get that disjointed/randomness.... been there the last few weeks and just can't get everything done that I would like... but feel okay with it.

    Wonder why those candles are so expensive... I must admit that I did that once with party lite candles and couldn't light them because I felt guilty...I am a candle/ambiance girl in the winter and burn mega loads of tea lights and candles so must have IKEA tealights and candles - very cheap....still have the jar candle you gave me and say a prayer for you and your family when I light it....

    woah, think I need to email you... have a beautiful "scritch/fling" weekend.... love the descriptive sound - you got it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in those morning pages mostly because I have tons and tons of things floating around in my head. They seem to surface right around the time I lay down to go to sleep, too.

    I'd really like to feel less irritated throughout the day- so maybe I'll pick up a pen and give it a try- do you do these everysingleday?

    ... I'm too lazy to post a separate comment, Cathy, but Tejan looks lika a little gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that snow shoveling sound too - and we have so much of the white stuff right now, that sound has become common.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m