Skip to main content

Ten

  1. I went shopping yesterday. Of course, going on a cruise means I need all new clothes. I couldn't possibly cruise the Caribbean in these old rags... So off to the mall I went. I found, among other things, the most perfect dress. It's black and white and fits me like a glove, without showing any of the bumps and lumps most dresses reveal on me. Truly, it is a miracle dress. I bought it on the spot. Seriously. I look like a size zero in it. (And anyone who knows me know that that is indeed, a miracle.)
  2. I made the most delicious dinner last night. Slow cooker french dip sandwiches and sweet potato fries. Yum.
  3. I keep hearing about the book "The Artist's Way" and have it on hold at the library... gotta check this one out, I think. Anyone read it?
  4. Knitting class is officially over. K.'s scarf became a pot holder, and is still not completely finished. But he did learn to knit. The kids brought home new sign up sheets for extra curricular stuff yesterday. S. and E. and taking jump rope and K. is going to take digital photography. Cool.
  5. It's supposed to be 2 degrees here later this week. Brrr. Bring out the ear muffs.
  6. Speaking of weather, we've had oodles of wind storms this winter, which is sort of a weird thing this far inland. I was used to lots of wind on the coast, but since we moved here, we haven't had much wind at all until this year. One storm in particular did quite a number on our roof, tearing lots and lots of shingles off. Subsequent storms have done more damage. And guess what? Our insurance is paying to replace our whole roof. Wow. So that's what all those premiums are for...
  7. Nineteen days until I leave for CHA. I saw the cutest Mary Jane Crocs at the store today and was really tempted to get them for all the walking we have to do... I may still go back and get them. I really don't like Crocs in general (although I love that the kids have them because they're cute on them and SO quick for them to put on) but the MaryJane ones are pretty cute. They're not all fat and wide like the regular ones. What do ya'll think? Are they just too stupid? I mean, they're foam shoes...
  8. I sometimes think that maybe Gracie's head is too small. She's almost 18 months old, and I'm thinking she should be almost full grown, but she doesn't have the big broad head most boxers do. Does my pup have a small brain? Oh dear.
  9. I need a new swimsuit, of course, before the cruise. How painful is that?
  10. Perfect timing! The kids will be home any minute. Cheerio, friends.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Hi! I know that people rant and rave over the The Artists Way, but I think she is kind of nutty acting. And to hear her on tape is just horrendous, she breaks into song. Like Sesame Street. Just know I have warned you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:11 PM

    I have stolen the ten idea, changed it to the Friday five. Nice quick way to check in. Have fun at CHA. Have you read the book Scrap Everything by Leslie Gould. She is a friend of ours and it is set with some women who do scrapbooking in a small Oregon town. It is really good. Think I gave it 4 R's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod - I haven't heard of that book, but went and read the reviews on Amazon... sounds good. I'm constantly amazed at the community scrapbooking provides for millions of women. I see it at the store where I teach every time I'm there. It really is a place where women build and maintain friendships that otherwise would not happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm gonna need that french dip sandwich recipe. Love slow cooker sandwich recipes.

    And as for the crocs, I say splurge and get Mary Jane Keens. You won't regret the decision (although, I have never owned crocs, but mostly because my feet wouldn't stay in them. But I was told I had to flip the strap).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love the slow cooker recipe too. I've been using mine more in the last two weeks than I have in the last 8 years. I'm enjoying coming home and not having to rush around making supper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read