Skip to main content

Monday

Love my quiet Monday mornings... this weekend really did a number on the house - with laundry piled high and schtuff everywhere - I'm taking the morning to get things picked up and the laundry going. Love this process. It feels so good to get cleaned up and organized after the tornado weekends bring. I'm putting on my new Norah Jones CD and working my way around the house... good stuff.

Asia is home this week. He was gone last week, and with my flying over to Portland on Wednesday for Charlie's funeral (and having to make sure the dog and kids were cared for in my absence) I felt like my whole week was one big long stressful exhausting day. I didn't sleep well. And I was fighting a cold. So it's good he's home this week. I finally feel rested, after taking a three hour nap on Saturday... amazing how having another adult in the house helps me relax. Especially when it's my best friend. So glad I'm blessed with him in my life.

E. is wrestling this spring - he had his first meet on Saturday. I couldn't be there because I had to work - but he won one match, tied one, and lost one. A decent start, I thought. He looks hilarious in his little singlet. I've never been a huge wrestling fan, but this is a great program, sponsered by the high school he will attend someday - so he's a little Lewis & Clark Tiger ... too cute. A friend of ours coaches at the high school and is there when E. practices, so that's fun too.

I feel peaceful this morning. Ready for the week ahead. Grateful for my home. And my family. And God.

Happy Monday, friends. Have a wonderful day.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Cathy....I can't BELIEVE there is no photo of E in his wrestling outfit on your blog! Photos!!

    And I totally agree...naps are wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the new Norah CD, too! What do you think? It's a little dark, I thought. It's growing on me. I love her voice...that's totally how I sound in the shower! Have you noticed the similarities?
    Happy Monday, friend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...