Skip to main content

T.T.

  1. The kids and I had dinner last night with our dear friends, the Copleys. (Hi, John! I know Asia told you not to comment because he thought it was a little bit creepy, but you go right ahead. It's my blog and I say so.) Mr. Copley is out of town this week too, so Rebecca and I decided we should get together whenever both our husbands are gone. It gives us more motivation to cook. Although Rebecca didn't cook a thing because her 12 year old made dinner and all I did was go buy a bagged caesar salad and some Chips Ahoy. Whatever. It was nice to hang out with them.
  2. Jiminy, I've got lots to do this week. I mean REALLY a lot to do. Feeling a bit of stress.
  3. I've been doing a 'Classical Stretch' workout in the mornings when I know I'm not going to have time to get up to the club... it's on PBS early in the morning. The woman who does it has a soothing, funny accent and I can really hear all my joints crackling and feel my muscles stretching when I do it. It's a good thing. Lots of ab work too, which can never hurt.
  4. I made the kids go around the house on Sunday evening and pick up 15 things apiece to put away... just whatever they could find that wasn't where it belonged. 15 x 3 = 45 things. And it didn't even make a dent in all the crap that was all over the house. I made them do another 15 things each and then the house was finally sort of returned to it's normal state. How does that happen? Sheesh.
  5. So with the 20th reunion coming up, there are people visiting my Classmates.com profile. I get an email whenever someone visits. Thing is, you can't see who it is without paying. I hate that. Don't tell me about it if you're not going to share. It's so weird to look at the names from our class and see people's names I literally haven't thought about in 20 years. Ted Perkins. Jeff Nemecek. Lance What's-his-name. Freaky. Seriously.
  6. Trying desperately to fit in some ebay listings today, since today is a sale twenty-cents-a-listing day... we'll see how that goes. I've got to work too... agh!
  7. It was nearly 70 degrees yesterday. I wasn't dressed for it and felt like a total dork with my long sleeves and zipped hoodie and socks and shoes. Spring weather is so unpredictable - I never know how to dress. Layers, I know. But that's so complicated... I just want to transition completely to flip flops and capris, but then my tootsies freeze and I feel ridiculous in the rain with my bare legs. It's a dilemma.
  8. It's piano recital time... so I'm hearing the same four songs over and over and over and over and over again. Fortunately, I like two of the four. Unfortunately, the Star Wars Theme song is one of them. That gets a little old after about the three hundredth time. And then we have to get all dressed up and listen to them again? I never thought about the fact that my parents had already heard my recital pieces a million times before all my recitals. Just another silly revelation about parenting...
  9. I'm reading 'a long way gone', right now, which is a book promoted by Starbucks about a boy who became a child soldier in Sierra Leone. Also just watched "Blood Diamond" last weekend. Seriously, people - how do these things happen in our world today? And why aren't we doing something about it? It hurts my heart.
  10. Speaking of Sierra Leone, no, there's no new news about Tejan. We're just waiting, and continuing to pray for him. Join us if you will.

Happy Tuesday... smooch you all for your kind words yesterday. I needed them.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Hey -
    Sorry about the rant yesterday....read it again and realized I am a little combative these days...
    Good documentary I watched this weekend called "Darwin's Nightmare". Takes place in Tanzania on the coast of Lake Victoria....spent hours in the night praying for children in this fishing village...My heart hurts with you, but also realize this is part of the heart change Jesus wants for us in North America - when you know better - you do better. Keep your eyes wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes my heart too..
    I hear you on the picking up and the working out and the craziness.
    Oh, and we played Star Wars for our recital too. Now all 3 can play it. #3 plays it everydayfifteenmillionbazillion times. I'm serious. six thirty in the morning, full blast, with pedals, as fast as his fingers can go.
    I never ever never thought I would say.... STOP PLAYING THE PIANO!! ;)

    Of course, if that is my very worst complaint about their childhood I will be a very happy Mom. I don't understand the pain our world inflicts on children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:13 PM

    OK - you know if you are going to call me out in front of everybody - that I have to leave my comment. In case Asia is looking - I'm Nhoj Yelpoc (name backwards....). I'm the guy who left my family alone in Spokane for by the time I get back - 12 days. In Baton Rouge today - way South - makes me really love Spokane - it's HOME! I enjoyed your comment about that piano - that's one thing about being away for these 12 days - I don't have to listen to the same song over and over - I used to think how nice it would be to hear someone play the piano in my house - until it was the same song over and over... Being away does has it's advantages, but I do miss home. Thanks for enjoying the cooking - he's not bad, eh? We're encouraging him to always get better! Tell Asia - Hi?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read