Skip to main content

TEN

  1. Cool and rainy today. That's good after a hot weekend.
  2. I've been thinking a lot about gas prices and cars and consumption and what I can do in my own little way to conserve. Yesterday when it was warm and sunny I was determined to not drive my car at all this week and walk wherever I needed to go. Today when it's pouring down rain, I'm not so sure. This means a couple of things. 1) I'm idealistic but weak and 2) I don't like getting wet.
  3. I had two kids shave for the first time in the last couple of weeks. K. finally got rid of that nasty little crop of dark peach-fuzzish stuff growing on his upper lip and S. shaved her legs. All of this was inspired by a couple of free razors we got in our cruise cabin bathroom. We brought them home and they were immediately claimed and used.
  4. K. also got a cell phone a couple of weekends ago. It's a long story. Probably worthy of it's own post... gotta do that.
  5. Finally got caught up on Grey's Anatomy yesterday. Watched the last three episodes. Can't believe I have to wait until September to see it again. Seriously. That was a sad, sad season finale. Not sad as in patheticly bad. But sad. The characters all seem so sad. The stories are all sad. It's just SAD. Where is the happiness at Seattle Grace?
  6. The big bag of frozen berries from Costco is a good thing.
  7. Speaking of good things, I'm getting Martha Stewart Living now, compliments of my boss Kathy. Good magazine. I got two issues yesterday. Read through the first one last night. Such beautiful layout and design. Sure, it's Martha, and I'm not a huge fan. But I can appreciate the beauty and the great ideas... seriously great ideas...
  8. I'm really wanting to paint my hallway and bedroom. And perhaps one wall in my living room. But I hate painting.
  9. K. had his first babysitting job last weekend. And just got a house/cat sitting job for a lot of the summer. Hallelujah! It'll be so good for him to be making some money off of other people, instead of just us!
  10. E. has his first grade program tomorrow night. Love school programs. Nothing's better than a bunch of first graders crowded onto risers singing their hearts out.

Happy Tuesday, friends.

Comments

  1. Can you believe the cell phone for kids thing? I got M' one also. I always swore I'd never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* Tuesday ten and tomorrow is Wednesday question day!! :)

    My K. started shaving a few months ago. Being a 12 yo girl with dark hair it was inevidable, but man a big moment! I am holding off the upper lip on the little guy!
    Love to paint!! Wish I was closer I would come do it for you! I paint anything that doesn't move, scrapbooks and beyond!

    We also started the cell phone thing. BIG step here, and lotsa rules!

    The kids growing up is such a melonchaly thing. We want them to be healthy and strong but don't want them to grow up and away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's it like to have TWO kids using sharp object son their bodies purposefully. Weird. I mean, to think of the day, not that they're doin' it.

    I miss Grey's and we (Andy and myself) totally agreed that this season and its finale was quite sad.

    We finally bought some bags of frozen fruit. MMMm... smoothies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read