Skip to main content

Creativity Monday - posted on Tuesday because I was too tired last night!

I'm a sucker for a dollar bin... whether it's at Target, or JoAnn's, or a whole pickin' store of dollar buys like Dollar Tree - I love seeing what I can find.

These sweet felt shamrocks were in the dollar bin at JoAnn's awhile back.

I love seasonal decorations - I grew up with a mom who always changed decorations according to the upcoming holiday... including a candy dish full of pretty seasonal candy with a lid that she would tape shut so we couldn't eat the candy!

I have lots of Easter decor... but have never had anything to decorate with for St. Patrick's Day.

Now I do.

This was a SUPER quick, easy project. I simply punched some holes in the shamrocks, made some pleated rosettes and strung it all together with some brads and ribbon.

It makes me happy.

Comments

  1. Too stinkin' cute, Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shamrocks!! They will bring
    good luck to you on Thusrday...
    Nancy W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa K.8:05 PM

    Love it, Cathy! I'm a sucker for the dollar bins too! My SU! upline did the cutest thing with the little dollar flower pots from Target's dollar bin that I'm excited to try. She covered the wrapper with patterned paper and then put a die cut flower on top with a little tag. So cute and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the pretty holiday candy anymore because then we have to eat it after the holiday.
    Artificial decorations don't have POINTS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...