Skip to main content

...

Waves of change sweep over me
disturbing the delicate balance
erected over years of false
security
held together by
tradition
heritage
expectation.
Those strong
stalwart words
that blow so
easily away
at the slightest
crack.
Revealing
betrayal
secrets
testing
carelessness.
What I thought
was
is
not.
I
cannot begin
to adjust my
sails.
I am breathless,
the wind
knocked
clean out
of my heart
and I gasp.
Hollow
chest
slowly
fills again
with
holy
Breath.
Peace
in the crest of the swell.
I still fear where
the wave will
land, but I ride
it knowing
I will
not
drown.
I
worship
because
It is all I know
for sure.
I will
live in the pain -
experience
it fully
knowing
there
is
Promise
in it.
There
is
nothing
I
can control.
But
I know
that
knowledge
is the beginning
of true Peace.
The fullness
of Life
comes when we
feel dead.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Oh dear...what does this mean? Praying for you.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this....it's how I have felt the past year..you articulated my feelings...I hope your pain is not as soul-cutting as what I am dealing with....praying for you my friend~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...