Skip to main content

Drumroll, please!


The family has come and gone. The cookies were baked, decorated and eaten, the white elephant gifts traded, the floors slept on and the cousins reunited.

The house is quiet, and the kitchen is clean.

Time for pictures.

It's done. And I LOVE it.

The whole process was worth it to have this kitchen that I absolutely love. This is the room I've always wanted - the room that reflects my style - the room where I will spend many many hours with a cup of coffee and my cookbooks, planning and preparing meals and treats for my family.

This really is the heart of my home.

Welcome to my kitchen.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Amen girl! Look at that kitchen! It is a BEAUTY!!! All that hard work and time has obviously been worth the wait!!! I know you will enjoy it! You deserve it! I bet it sure makes your heart smile! :) Have a great week and bake lots of cookies :) Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 PM

    OH MY GOSH! It is even more lovely than I ever imagined. Cathy, I am thrilled for you. This is a kitchen people dream about. YAY! It's done. For that reason alone, I'm happy. But when I look at these pictures, I'm much more than happy for you... I'm over the moon, out of my mind, excited and thrilled for you. I am so glad that this "ordeal" is now a memory. Now, you begin to live your dream. What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas and begin your new year. YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:25 AM

    Giggle. I came back again because I just had to take a second look at this lovely kitchen. Cathy, truly, I am just thrilled for you. And, I forgot to mention that your new banner rocks my world. It is FANTASTIC. What a fabulous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Everything is beautiful (invite Mindy over for dinner) and I'm sure well organized! I can't believe it is already (invite Mindy over for dinner) finished and your family has come and gone! I love the new banner; it is gorgeous! (invite Mindy over for dinner)! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! that turned out gorgeously! i hope it was worth your trouble!! ;) hopefully you'll never have to go through that again!!! now, you get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh!
    Aaaahhh!
    Ohhhhh!

    .....going to take another look~ it's absolutely luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Just doesn't look quite complete without Gracie laying on the rug in front of the sink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thanks everyone... I'm SO thrilled with the end result. It feels so clean and new and wonderful and me.
    Tawnya - I don't feel as though I deserve it at all, but I am SO grateful that we were able to do it... my dh is very generous and such a hard worker... he spoils me.

    Kelly E. - thanks - it really did turn out just the way I'd hoped. There just isn't anything I can look at and say I wish I'd done differently. Isn't that wonderful?

    Kelly - I do feel grown up - you pegged it perfectly.

    Min - I've been thinking... do you and Danny and the kids want to come over for dinner sometime soon?

    Kate - it was TOTALLY worth all the mess and the days and days of chaos. I'm SO thrilled with the results.

    Christine - LOVE that word luscious... it is yummy.

    Mom - see the latest post to see little Gracie on her rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Oh, Cathy....what a beautiful, beautiful kitchen. I can see how you will be spending many happy, contented hours in this cozy, warm kitchen. What a joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...