Skip to main content

Peace.

The theme of our advent meditation at church yesterday was peace.

I often associate peace with quiet.

The opposite of loud and demanding.

Contrary to chaos.

I told a girlfriend awhile back that in this whole experience with Tejan, the most amazing thing is that while I am surrounded by noise and busy-ness and appointments and SO many demands, I have peace. It's as though there is a cloud of calmness over my household - in the midst of all the craziness.

If you've met Tejan, you know that he is in many ways larger than life. He is charming. Loud. Funny. Full of nervous energy. Moving. Asking. Talking. Singing. Commanding attention.

And if you know me at all, you know that I generally prefer more quiet personalities.

So the fact that I can experience any peace at all in this time is a gift from my Jehovah-Jirah, my God who provides.

The Prince of Peace.

How are you experiencing his peace this season?

"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6


Comments

  1. ....you prefer quiet personalities? Uh-oh.

    Hi friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. music brings me instantly to peace.
    prayer brings me to peace.
    Soft hugs first thing in the morning bring me peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:30 PM

    I am finding peace in the midst of the storm - literally!
    With our 108 mile an hour winds last week and all the devastation around us, God's power is very real to us right now. But the peace is there that he is in control at all times and now that things have settled down the spirit of Christmas is starting to return and I am now getting excited about it's coming. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...